It has been observed that a good number of people tend to be clueless about what a mattress topper is, irrespective of the fact that the name is a good enough giveaway of its true application. This is essentially a thick pad that you place directly over a mattress in order to provide an extra layer of protection and comfort to it. There are a number of different kinds of mattress pads or toppers along with varying benefits and features depending on the model you choose to work with – an issue consumers are often required to deal with presented with numerous options in the land of plenty.
The Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 1 The Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 2 When Should You Ideally Opt for a Memory Foam Mattress Topper?
- 3 Let’s Check Up on a Cool Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 4 Conclusion
A memory foam mattress topper is essentially a block of memory foam that varies from two to four inches in thickness, depending on the size of the mattress that you have on your bed at present. Essentially it simply sits on top of the mattress that you already own at home.
Those who have issues with a bad back, you need to take good care while buying a cool mattress topper to ensure that it provides good support to your back. Memory foam density is the biggest parameter that you need to take into account while buying for a product that can offer good support to your back. While a density of 4lbs would be the ideal choice, anything that offers a higher density would be better as far as a cool memory foam mattress topper for your bad back is concerned.
Many people are of the opinion that a memory foam mattress topper can help turn any old bed into a luxurious one. However, this is far from the truth as the topper will only work well if you are placing it on a mattress that is of good quality. If you have a mattress that is starting to near ten years of age, having a mattress topper on top won’t be enough to help you get a good night’s sleep. Investing in a memory foam mattress topper will simply prove a waste of money since the product will conform to its underlying undulated surface and won’t do anything to provide relief against an uneven sleeping surface. In fact, the only way forward would be for you to replace your existing mattress.
When Should You Ideally Opt for a Memory Foam Mattress Topper?
It may be safe to assume that one of the biggest reasons you are looking for a best memory foam mattress topper is because you are not resourceful enough to get hold of a memory foam mattress – yes, that can be a little too expensive to purchase for most individuals!
A cool memory foam mattress topper will come in handy for individuals who suffer from back problems. Apart from that there are a number of other scenarios where this product can prove very useful.
- If you are already in possession of a good bed but you wish to reduce its firmness and opt for a mattress topper to soften it up
- You sleep on one of those hideaway sofa beds that have bars hitting against your back and make it uncomfortable for you. A good memory foam mattress topper placed on top is a nice solution
- It improves the coziness and comfort inside an RV or camper, and is a highly recommended product for those who love to go camping
- You travel a lot but don’t enjoy sleeping on the chunky, probably unhygienic hotel beds. Carry along a mattress topper and you can spread it out on top of the existing mattress to enjoy a peaceful, comfortable sleep
Let’s Check Up on a Cool Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Let us now do a quick review of the Comfort Dreams Cool 3-inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper.
This cool memory foam mattress topper from Comfort Dreams is something you can add on to your existing mattress and enjoy many nights of comfortable, peaceful sleep. Available in as many as six different sizes, this mattress topper with a thickness of three inches and density of four-pounds helps in providing ample amount of support that is necessary for your body to rest comfortably at night.
It is also designed in a manner that allows ten times more air flow than in a traditional memory foam mattress, thus helping you to cool down and remain comfortable. Antimicrobial by nature, this mattress topper is also resistant to the development of dust mites.
- This is a cool memory foam mattress topper
- Air flow in this product occurs as a result of a patented process that allows the foam cells to get opened up. This allows quicker transmission and dissipation of heat while also enhancing the air flow through the memory foam layers
- The amount of air flow taking place is ten times that in any traditional memory foam topper
- Compared to other cool memory foam mattress toppers, the air flow through this Comfort Dreams product is 50-percent more
- The foam used is temperature-sensitive and also hypoallergenic
Specifications and Dimensions (measured as L X B X H and in Inches)
- Twin: 39 x 75 x 3
- Twin XL: 39 x 80 x 3
- Full: 54 x 75 x 3
- Queen: 60 x 80 x 3
- King: 76 x 80 x 3
- Cal King: 72 x 84 x 3
Dos and Don’ts of a Cool Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- In order to maximize the expansion of the memory foam, remove all packaging within 72 hours of receiving the products
- The plastic packaging often causes certain odor to be trapped inside. Air out for a couple of hours in order to remove this odor
- The product is manufactured by machine cutting process which can lead to slight variances in the product dimensions
While choosing your ideal cool memory foam mattress topper, it would be advisable that you read online customer reviews while also taking some time out to read between the lines as well. A product that has more good reviews than bad ones is likely to inspire confidence in the minds of the consumer when it comes to making a purchasing decision.
By making use of your common sense and being aware of the features of the mattress topper that you are looking for, you can be sure that you won’t go wrong with the purchase in spite of all the excess of information that you may be forced to deal with.
You may also like: