Have a really hard bed? Or dread to sleep on the floor? Have back or other physical issues that make you sensitive to the kind of bed you lie on?
If yes to any or all of the above, then check the Queen Size 3 Inch Thick, 4 Pound Density Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Pad Bed Topper (by Memory Foam Solutions) and sleep like a baby!
We tried this memory foam topper for about a week. Here’s our review for you.
The mattress topper is very comfortable. Yet, it has some cons. Let’s look at the pros first.
- Comes protected:The memory foam mattress topper comes compressed and vacuum-sealed. It may seem like a small detail, but as someone who is very cautious about the cleanliness of the bed and mattress, this came as a breath of relief. The vacuum seal gave the confidence that the mattress topper is indeed clean.
- Fits entire bed, light weight: We opened the package and laid it on the bed, and it fit perfectly! Not just that, but the mattress topper is not heavy to carry or set up. It is quite compact to lift and move.
- No chemicals, no odor: As promised that the topper does not contain any toxic chemicals like formaldehyde or polybrominateddiphenylether (PBDE), the topper feels very organic and smooth. And for someone who has sensitive skin, this came as a big relief. There is no chemical-like odor. However, some customers have still complained about a sustained odor.
- Reduces pressure points: It is said to be one of the highlights of this topper—its tendency to smooth out physical pain in your back or other areas of the body. And it comes true. Falling into the bed after a day of physical strain can help relieve pain. No more tossing and turning around to find the right spot.
- Average thickness:The 3-inch thickness is right in the middle—neither too thick nor too thin. So, it can withstand the weight of average men.
- Forms the body: Foam mattress is known to contour against your body shape. This makes you feel like you’ve fallen into the comforting arms of soft mattress. And this topper does it really well—it is very soft to touch and fits the body form perfectly.
- Not for side-, stomach-sleepers: Some enjoy sinking right into the bed. Not some, especially those who sleep on their sides. You would need a firmer mattress with a lower density like 2 pound. This one would seem too soft. While for those who sleep on their stomach, you may want a softer one.
- Not too thick:If you are too muscular or heavy, weighing well over 160lbs, you may want a thicker 4 inch topper. This one may wear out quickly and deflate under your weight.
- No cover: The topper does not come with its own cover, leaving it unprotected.
How to Use:
The manufacturer stipulates that customers carefully open the package and let the topper rest. They advise you to wait for 96 hours to allow the mattress to decompress, gain the right temperature and get rid of the smell of new foam.
We decided to wait, but gave into temptations and collapsed on the bed the very same night. It had decompressed alright and there was no sign of the uncomfortable smell. So you may probably want to wait and see how it works for you.
Every product can work for you only if you take care of it well. No point expecting a long life if you do not treat it with respect. The same applies to this foam mattress topper too. Here are four important tips:
- It is important that you get a waterproof mattress pad. It will start absorbing any humidity from your body and sweat. This will eat into the topper’s long life and it will start developing tears and cracks within weeks or months.
- Foam is not very hard material. It can be very susceptible to forceful touch. So, when you want to de-contour the foam topper, push it back against the mattress. Never pull the pads.
- The topper needs to be stored very carefully—flat on its back. Please do not roll or fold the topper. The foam will not be able to withstand such storage and develop cracks and tears.
- Be careful with the sheets you use to cover the topper. Silky sheets tend to slip from the edges.
All in all, we would say this memory foam topper is an easy way to transform an otherwise hard bed into a sleep haven. It is also a cheaper option for those who can’t afford a full-fledged mattress.
Images credit: Amazon.com
You may also like: